How EAE Recruits (1/3)

Being able to sell a great story is not a given. You must understand how the human mind works, respond to the reactions you get and push them to believe every word coming out of your mouth. I must admit, it is an art being able to sell a dream.

EAE has those professionals working for them selling you your dream. Anything you wish to believe and making you go out of your way to want to get in. To be a part of their great program focusing on the practical rather than theoretical. Career advisors helping you to find that dream job, even before you arrive! Helping you land the best internship you could ever imagine, since they have so many connections, right? They look for motivated, professional and you guessed it... naïve enough people  believing all their wonderful fairytales. Sounds like you'd miss out on a lot of you wouldn't join. 

On top of that are the financial promises. You receive a quote with promised discounts only the first couple of students receive. Later in the studies I had found out EVERYBODY receives the same discounts! They make you believe 20 or 15 % is your discount because you apply early and the class is not that full yet. It's all part of the sales techniques they master so well. I have been quoted around €12 500 for a full year, if I paid everything at once. Monthly instalments were an option, however they would be more expensive. Here's the kicker. They base their tuition fee on your current location and financial situation. Europeans pay the most, followed by Americans. The Latinos and Caribbean people have the jackpot of paying almost half of the Europeans! They got away with around € 8000 for a whole year (full-time). 

They promise you the world with allegedly topnotch equipment and professors. Great student advisors and career talks. Plenty of career days and company interviews for future jobs and internships. All fantastic stories and music to your ears. But unfortunately, nothing is further from the truth. The so-called ''extreme selective process'' to join there course is a flat out lie, since in reality they accept anyone who pays the tuition fee. English requirements are a joke. The requested proof of English to native speakers and those who cannot complete a sentence without 5 grammar mistakes are accepted without proof. They hire marketing firms to write great reviews on their Google-account and wonderful comments on online forums. Read them carefully and you'll notice 90% are fake and come from professionals who have never even pursued a program at EAE. 

Well my dear friends, I have fallen for these stories, promises and believes. Myself and many others have gone before you however I am here to stop you from making the same mistakes I have made. It took me all in all about 2 years before I decided to join the program. I am doing there masters in finance and trust me when I say that what I am about to share is not tied to only this program. 

Hold on tight cause it's about to get ugly.


Comments

  1. Hey Lenn,

    Would it be possible to connect with you? I just had a call with an admissions person from EAE about a program I plan to undertake. Based on what I've just read, I think I heard the same pitch from him. I haven't taken a decision given the COVID scenario and certainly do not wish to make a hasty one.

    Regards,
    Carl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Update On This Mess With EAE

Don't Let Them Take You For A Ride (3/3)